Monday, February 21, 2011

Challenges of Rehabilitation......

Photo courtesy of Michuzi blog (http://www.issamichuzi.blogspot.com/)
 
As our day to day activities in rehabilitation, Physios face a number of challenges. One such as Abdul's experience says a lot about our practices in our everyday encounters. Abdul has been to a professional  and a reputable rehabilitation clinic more than once.
Abdul's father is asking very basics questions
1. How do I care for my son?
2. What kind of food should I give him?
3. Can I have a better chair for him?
Seeing these photos I asked my self....
1.What did the rehab therapist do when he/she was attending Abdul?
2. What advise was give to the family on his daily needs, handling , prognosis etc?
3. Did the therapist counsel the family?
4. Did the therapist inquire on the home situation about Abdul?

I know as professionals we are faced with a lot of challenges to ensure that our clients get the best therapy form us.
Lets discuss!

No comments:

Ads 468x60px

APTA AGM WHERE? DAR ES SALAAM, MNH WHEN? 29TH OCTOBER- 2ND NOVEMBER 2012 BE SURE TO BE THERE!